Terms and Conditions of use
- Users of discoverdyson.com.au agree to comply with these Terms and Conditions and any reasonable instruction on its use as issued by Dyson from time to time.
- Residents of Australia who are 18 years or over and have a valid email address may participate (“User”).
- To upload a review (which may be in the form of text, an image, or a YouTube video) (a “Review”), visit www.discoverdyson.com.au (“the Website”) and follow instructions on the Website.
- By submitting your Review, you agree that your first name, product name, images and review will be displayed with your photo, or YouTube video.
- Photograph uploads must be in JPEG format no larger than 2MB
- All photographs, reviews and videos are subject to approval and must meet Dyson selection criteria. If you have a question about your machine, or would like to provide feedback please contact our customer care team at email@example.com or 1800 239 766.
- Reviews will be deemed ineligible if they contain, in Dyson’s opinion at their absolute discretion inappropriate content, including but not limited to:
a) indecent or otherwise inappropriate content;
b) defamatory, obscene, threatening, dangerous or abusive content;
c) personal attacks;
d) spam, unsolicited or unauthorised advertising, nor repeated content of unconstructive inflammatory or otherwise objectionable material;
e) unlawful, fraudulent, misleading or deceptive content; and
- Limit of no more than one upload per person, per week.
- By submitting your Review, you agree that the Review does not infringe the copyright or other intellectual property rights of any other person or entity.
- When a User submits any Review which contains images (“Content”), the User licenses to Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd, its affiliates and sub-licensees a non-exclusive, royalty-free, perpetual, worldwide, irrevocable, and sub-licensable right to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish and display such Content for any purpose in any media, without compensation, restriction on use, attribution or liability. In addition, the User consents to their first name, product name, image and YouTube video being displayed with the Content. Users agree not to assert any moral rights in relation to such use and warrant that they have the full authority to grant these rights. Users agree that they are fully responsible for the Content they submit. Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd shall not be liable in any way for such Content to the full extent permitted by law. Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd may remove any Content without notice for any reason whatsoever.
- Users warrant and agree that: (a) they will obtain prior consent from any person that appears in their Content; (b) their Content shall not contain viruses or cause injury or harm to any person or entity; and (c) they will comply with all applicable laws and regulations, including without limitation, those governing copyright, content, defamation, privacy, publicity and the access or use of others’ computer or communication systems. Without limiting any other terms herein, the User agrees to indemnify Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd for any breach of the above terms in this clause. Users that have their photo taken at a Dyson event and who have given consent for this photo to be used by Dyson on the Website will be notified by email, within 24 hours, if their image is successfully uploaded and approved by the Website moderators on behalf of Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd. The entrant will then be given a unique URL to view their image on discoverdyson.com.au.
- Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- If for any reason this photo sharing activity is not capable of running as planned, whether caused by infection by computer virus, mobile phone failure, line drop out, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other cause beyond the control of Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd, which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness or integrity of this activity, Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd reserves the right in its sole discretion, (subject to any written direction given by a relevant Regulatory Authority), to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend this photo sharing activity. Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd may in its sole discretion disqualify any individual who tampers with the participation process.
- Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd is not responsible for receipt of incorrect, inaccurate or incomplete information caused by a User or occurring during transmission. Dyson Appliances (Aust) Pty Ltd is not responsible for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone, telephone or computer network, or lines, servers, or telephone or internet providers, traffic congestion on any phone or computer network, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to Users or any other person’s handset or computer related to or resulting from participation or sending or receiving of any communication or of any materials in this activity.
- The trade marks and logos displayed on this site are trade marks of Dyson’s parent company in the United Kingdom, Dyson Limited (except where indicated)). Nothing contained on this Website should be construed as granting, by implication, estoppel or otherwise, any licence or right to use any trade mark or logo displayed on this site without the written permission of Dyson.
- Assume that everything that you read on this Website is protected by copyright unless otherwise stated. You may only use material on this Website for personal, non-commercial use. You do not have permission to copy or reproduce in any way any of the contents of this Website for public or commercial purposes without the written permission of Dyson.
- By using this Website you agree to accept the laws in force in New South Wales as governing the relationship between Dyson and yourself. You also irrevocably and unconditionally submit to the non-exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of New South Wales or any other court having jurisdiction in Australia as may be nominated by Dyson. This site may be accessed throughout Australia and overseas. Dyson makes no representation that the content of this site complies with the laws (including intellectual property laws) of any country outside Australia.
- Remember to check the Conditions when you use the Website as we may change the Conditions from time and time and you will be subject to the Conditions in force at the time that you use the Website.
- We try to make sure all the information on the Website is accurate, but if we have made a mistake and you spot it, please let us know. If you would like your Review removed from the Website please contact Dyson at firstname.lastname@example.org Please regularly update your computer’s virus protection software as we can’t guarantee that the Website will be free from viruses.
- We may suspend or terminate access to the Website without notice.